Vacancy for Young Christian Workers (YCW) Development Worker
The Young Christian Workers Movement wishes to recruit a Development Worker to work on extending and developing the YCW movement in Ireland. This is an initial one year contract.
Reporting to the YCW National Co-ordinator, duties include:
- Making contact with young adults and providing opportunities for them to engage with YCW
- Developing the YCW Movement through the establishment and support of YCW groups using the principles and method of the YCW Movement, See, Judge, Act.
- Initiating appropriate programmes/events/campaigns for the development of Young People and the YCW Movement as a whole.
- Representing the Movement at all necessary meetings and events both in Ireland and abroad.
- Working in conjunction with the voluntary members of the YCW and other agencies in the further development of the Movement and on issues of social justice.
- Carrying out all necessary administrative duties i.e. keeping appropriate records of meetings, financial receipts and filing in an appropriate manner.
- The successful candidate will have a professional qualification in youth and community work or equivalent and/or two years experience working directly with young people within a community setting/experience of the YCW method of See, Judge, Act.
- a commitment to the ethos and values of YCW
- a commitment to tackling issues of social justice from a Christian perspective
- be self- motivating and able to use their own initiative.
- highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- be willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends and be prepared to spend some time away from home. (Travelling, international / European exchanges/ formation sessions, meetings etc.)
Letters of application with enclosed curriculum Vitae should be posted to:
Ms. Vicky Rattigan
YCW National Co-ordinator
YCW National Office
11 Talbot Street
Closing Date for Application: 24th July 2015