YCW is currently recruiting volunteers for its Peer Education Project.
If you would like to apply, or for more information contact email@example.com
We will be hosting an information night on
Date: April 4th
Venue: YCW Office. 11 Talbot St. Dublin 1.
We are looking for young university students who are willing to help young inner city pupils studying for their junior and leaving cert. We are looking for students who would like to help with any of the leaving and junior cert subjects.
Grinds are extremely expensive and many students now seek extra help with school work. However, many of these students cannot afford this extra help and fall even further behind. We hope that this short programme will help in some way.
We hope that this short pilot P.E.P. will help some students who are heading into exams in June 2016 to get some extra help in an informal and relaxed environment in a very small group. If this pilot project is successful we hope to run a more expanded version next term.
Would you be willing to give 2 hours a week for five weeks?
The P.E.P. will run from the first week in May till the first week in June.
Relevant training will be provided and connected expenses will be covered.
We hope it will be a rewarding and beneficial experience.
It is hoped that the P.E.P. will provide:
• An opportunity to gain teaching/tutoring experience
• An opportunity to develop communication skills
• Group facilitation and supervisory skills
• empowerment for participants to help themselves
• provide for informal positive educational experience that is different to school
• ongoing personal development opportunities
• an increase in self-esteem
• A sense of accomplishment in volunteers
We are happy to provide a reference for the work you do.
Closing date for applications is the 8th of April.